Kids at the beach and what to look out for
If you’re taking the kids to the beach for the day it’s important
to be prepared and cautious.
Things to check off when at the beach:
1. Choose a beach that is patrolled with lifeguards
and red and yellow flags.
2. Educate your children to put their hand up so
that the lifeguards can see them if they feel unsafe in the water.
3. Swim between the flags and obey all safety
4. Swim or play in the shallow waves together.
5. Look out for and avoid blue bottles washed up on
the sand. And if there are bluebottles on the sand there could be bluebottles
in the water.
6. When digging into the sand and making
sandcastles, watch for any rubbish that might have been left behind by previous
7. Wear sunscreen and reapply every two hours.
8. Don’t swim out too deep if you aren’t a
9. Always watch your children. As much as it’s nice
to read a book and lay out, kids can be missed if they go under water for even
Take floaties for smaller
children to wear.